A CoatHook to Benefit
Harvest Hills Animal Shelter
About This Fundraiser
$5 of every CoatHook sold from this page goes to Harvest Hills Animal Shelter, which contracts with 19 towns in western Maine to accept neglected, stray, and abandoned cats and dogs who are brought in by animal control officers.
Harvest Hills also accepts owner-surrendered animals from surrounding communities in Maine and New Hampshire and helps other shelters by providing a safe place for animals who would otherwise be euthanized or do not fit their admission policies.
Harvest Hills operate with the following practices:
- Providing a safe and comfortable refuge for homeless cats and dogs.
- Reuniting lost dogs and cats with their owners.
- Placing homeless dogs and cats into loving forever homes.
- Treating illnesses and injuries.
- Helping animals to become more adoptable through socialization and behavioral training.
- Spaying and neutering to minimize the population of unwanted animals.
- Promoting humane treatment of animals through community outreach.
Since opening its doors in 1992, the shelter has found loving forever homes for more than 17,000 dogs and cats!
We are very happy to support HHAS with funds that help to cover myriad operational expenses.
About This Product
The CoatHook removes shedding undercoat on dogs and cats without cutting attached undercoat or the outer guard coat.
The first-ever pet-grooming tool designed to reach through the guard coat to gently and effectively remove downy shedding undercoat that can become matted and tangled.
The CoatHook’s long tines reach down deep, and the patented MicroHooks gently remove shedding undercoat without cutting attached undercoat.A series of gradually more aggressive picks along the top of the tines work to gently tease out mats.
The CoatHook works best for grooming cats and dogs with medium-long to long coats, and we’ve been pleasantly surprised to find that it works well on shorter coats and rabbits' coats too.
Made in Maine, USA.